- Enhancing profitability and growth performance of SMEs by combining and transferring new and existing knowledge into innovative, disruptive and competitive solutions seizing European and global business opportunities.
- Market uptake and distribution of innovations tackling the specific challenges outlined in the legal base of the Horizon 2020 Societal Challenge ‘Secure, Clean and Efficient Energy’ in a sustainable way.
- Increase of private investment in innovation, notably leverage of private co-investor and/or follow-up investments.
List of countries and applicable rules for funding:described inpart A of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme.For the SME Instrument only applications from SMEs established in EU Members States or countries associated to Horizon 2020.
Eligibility and admissibility conditions:described inpart BandC of the General Annexes of the General Work Programme, with the following exceptions: Proposals for phase 1 are not required to provide a draft plan for exploitation and dissemination.
Specific eligibility conditions of SME Instrument:
• At least one SME. For-profit SMEs’ means micro-, small- and medium-sized enterprises, as defined in Commission Recommendation 2003/361/EC, that are not ‘non-profit legal entities’ as defined in the Rules for Participation and Dissemination (‘legal entity which by its legal form is non-profit-making or which has a legal or statutory obligation not to distribute profits to its shareholders or individual members’)
• Only applications from for-profit SMEs established in EU Member States or countries associated to Horizon 2020.
• No concurrent submission or implementation with another phase 1 or phase 2 project.
Deadline : 2014-12-17 17:00:00 (Brussels local time)
Intermediate deadlines : 2014-06-18 +17:00:00 (Brussels local time)
2014-09-24 +17:00:00 (Brussels local time)
(The submission to this call will be open as of 1 March 2014)
In phase 1 Projects should last around 6 months.
In phase 2 Projects should last between 12 and 24 months.
Direct link to the Call for Proposal: