Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs (EYE Programme)
Agreement No. 860254 — PRACTYCE V — COS-EYE-SGA-2018-4-01/COS-EYE-SGA-2018-4-02
Category: Single Market Programme (SMP)
Coordinator: BSC, POSLOVNO PODPORNI CENTER & Fundación Equipo Humano
Our role: Co-leader
9 partners | 8 countries | 48 months | 4.570.760.88€ budget
EYE IN A NUTSHELL
“The European programme that allows entrepreneurs from all over the EU to learn first-hand about the day-to-day running of a company, improve their skills and increase their network of contacts”.
TELL ME MORE...
Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs (EYE) is a transnational exchange programme that offers inexperienced entrepreneurs and people who want to start a business the opportunity to learn from experienced entrepreneurs running small and medium businesses in other European countries.
The exchange of experiences takes place within the framework of stays with experienced entrepreneurs during which the new entrepreneurs can acquire the necessary skills to run a small or medium-sized enterprise. In turn, the host entrepreneurs benefit from a new perspective on their business and gain the opportunity to cooperate with foreign partners or get to know new markets.
The exchange is co-funded by the European Union. The duration of the stay is between 1 and 6 months.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION
Option 1. You are firmly planning to start a business, based on a viable business plan.
Option 2. You have less than 3 years of total entrepreneurial experience.
You must also:
- Be a permanent resident in one of the Participating Countries;
- Have a concrete project or business idea, reflected in a business plan;
- Be motivated and committed to collaborate during your stay with an experienced entrepreneur from another Participating Country;
- Be prepared to contribute to the development of the host entrepreneur’s business and make your skills and competences available;
- Be ready to complement the programme funds as needed to cover the costs of your stay abroad.
Remember that your (future) company or activity can be in any sector and there is no age limit.
Note: all participants must be over 18 years old and new entrepreneurs can only take part in the programme once.
- You are a permanent resident in one of the Participating Countries and your company is registered in that country;
- You are the owner-manager of a small or medium enterprise OR a person directly involved in entrepreneurship at SME board level (not employee);
- You have been running a company as an entrepreneur (not employee) for more than 3 years;
- You are willing to share your knowledge and experience with a new entrepreneur and act as a mentor.
Remember that your company or activity can be in any sector and there is no age limit.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING
As a new entrepreneur, you can strengthen the skills needed to develop your own business, acquire specific know-how as well as establish international contacts, which will enable access to other markets, international cooperation and collaboration possibilities with partners abroad. This will facilitate a good start of your business or strengthen your new company.
As a host entrepreneur, you can benefit from receiving a motivated entrepreneur, who can bring you new business ideas, skills or abilities, as well as the opportunity to get to know new markets and take advantage of new business opportunities. Moreover, participating in Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs is free of charge.
WHO IS BEHIND IT
Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs is funded by the European Commission and operates in 37 countries with the help of Local Contact Points, whose task is to support companies. Its activities are coordinated at European level by the programme’s Support Office.
EU Project Manager
Jose Enrique Val
EU Project Manager