U·MOB LIFE is a European project funded by the European Commission under the LIFE Programme. It is aimed at the creation of a university network to facilitate the exchange and transfer of knowledge about sustainable mobility best practices among European universities. This network will serve as a tool towards the reduction of CO2 emissions thanks to an improved mobility of the university community.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
University campuses are major commuting poles causing the emission of tones of CO2 every year. At the same time, they are outstanding places for changing future generations’ mobility practices towards a more sustainable behaviour. In this context, the U·MOB LIFE project was born.
U·MOB LIFE is the acronym for “European Network for Sustainable Mobility at University”, a European 5-year project co-financed by the European Commission under the LIFE Programme. The project is running since July 2016 and extends until the end of 2021. It has a total budget of 1.329.427€.
The U·MOB LIFE consortium is formed by:
– The environmental consulting company Novotec Consultores, S.A., as a coordinator of the project.
– 4 leading European universities in the application of sustainable mobility practices: Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam, Università degli Studi di Bergamo & Politechnika Krakowska.
The main objective of U·MOB LIFE project is the creation of a university network to facilitate the exchange and transfer of knowledge about sustainable mobility best practices among European universities.
The specific objectives of U·MOB LIFE project are:
- Reducing CO2 emissions.
- Creating and consolidating Sustainable Mobility.
- Best practices at universities.
- Promoting and building capacity for the professional figure of “Sustainable Mobility Manager”.
- Reducing CO2 emissions after LIFE.
- Development of sustainable mobility.
For further details, please contact email@example.com
Check the project website here: www.u-mob.eu
Subscribe to the U·MOB’s newsletter: https://bit.ly/2lGoUcu